Workshop: Band Coaching
- I don’t know anything about instruments but would like to try some out, not on my own but with my friends. How can I do that?
- How can I realize my musical idea, my self-written lyrics or a song from another band with my band? How can we achieve a crisper, more defined band sound? What arrangement options are there for my own songwriting? I have problems translating the right text passages musically.
- My improvisational skills are somewhat limited, I would like to learn more about what else I could play and how.
- I have no idea about creative processes and never get to finalize a basic idea.
- What concert dramaturgy can our band take into account when creating the setlist? etc
The questions and problems in band coaching are many and varied. Arystan, Martin and Max are experienced music teachers and multi-instrumentalists, with years of experience as ensemble leaders and band members of various styles in the amateur and professional field. In an intensive course (weekend/project week) we can support your band, brass band or other formation in your rehearsal room, youth club, music club, school individually or as a team and start where the shoe pinches.
Instructors: 1 – 3
Duration: 1 day – 1 week
Level: complete beginner to semi-professional
Music education concept
We show 4 examples from the Kangoroo Band project, in which we were simultaneously confronted with different musical levels and personal needs and supported the rehearsal process in order to realize the participants‘ own musical ideas but also to create pieces and moments in which the participants could improvise and try things out freely.
Methodologically, there are different approaches to dealing with personal ideas. Here is a selection of the different approaches.
Max describes the experiences they have gained with the long term band project Kangoroo Band (Dresden), the difficulties they have faced as band coaches and possible solutions they have fount.
Nina describes her experiences and her motivation, why she comes to rehearsals regularly and what personal significance the band has for her.